Terms & Conditions
My basic requirements include transportation, meals, lodging, and hourly class fees with minimums. I work with a few different teaching partners, each with similar requirements, and you would need to contact them directly (I can help put you in touch). Please read below for further details and answers to most frequently asked questions. I understand sometimes flights to certain places cannot be booked on my preferred airline, or perhaps none of my regular partners are available for a specific gig, or any number of small inconveniences. In such an instance, please do not hesitate to email with any questions or concerns, and I’m sure we will find a way to make it work. Please note that all monetary values below are quoted in USD.
- Group Classes: $100/hour when teaching with a partner(this does not include my partner’s rate). $150/hour when teaching solo.
- Private Lessons: $100/hour by myself, for up to 4 people. For each additional person, add $25.
- Performances: I will participate in any introductory instructor jams free of charge. Anything additional (performances, full shows, etc) would need to be discussed.
- Judging: $25 per preliminary competitions, $15 per finals.
- DJing: $30/hour. Please notify me ahead of time if you would like me to DJ. Remember, the more I DJ, the less I am able to dance with your students.
- Organizing: Please inquire.
- Level Testing/Auditions: $25/30 mins or less, $50/hour.
- Video Notebooks: $50 flat fee for recording video notebooks. I should also receive a copy of these. Please note, I never charge for any students/promoters to record recaps at the end of classes (if permissible by the event, and intended for personal use); this is only applicable to video notebooks created with the intent of being sold.
- Minimums: Domestic Events $500 for a weekend event, $1000 for a week-long event. International Events $800 for a weekend event, $1500 for a week-long event.
- Payment: I prefer to be paid in cash. If paid in any currency other than USD, or via any other method (bank transfer, PayPal, Venmo, etc.), promoter is responsible for any conversion/service fees that are incurred.
- Downtime: I require at least 8 hours of sleep to not include transportation to and from venues, showering, changing, or eating meals. Typically 9 hours between my last responsibility of one day and my first responsibility of the next day (whether that be teaching, judging, DJing, or performing) to guarantee I have adequate time for rest and recovery.
- Transportation: Unless otherwise noted, my flights should be booked to/from my home city Colorado Springs, CO (COS) – preference for United or Delta (Frontier is tertiary).
I can be booked to fly out of Denver International Airport (DIA) which often has deals on Southwest Airlines, but please note that the additional travel to DIA will include a $60 fee to cover the round trip drive and any additional parking fees incurred (parking rate is $17/day). I must approve any itinerary before it is booked.
Frequent flyer numbers are listed below and must be added.
United FF# is NK864031
Delta FF# is 9213655724
Frontier FF# is 40012383574
Southwest FF# is 20038342693
Organizer is also responsible for transportation to/from the airport and any extra baggage fees.
- Meals: Meals should be provided for the duration of the event, and any extra time I am required to be in attendance (e.g. if I must arrive or leave on specific days, including on shared itineraries). I have a pretty strict anti-inflammatory diet (similar to Paleo), and can provide a list of all restricted items. If you choose to provide a stipend instead, the rate is $15 for breakfast, $15 for lunch and $25 for dinner. This allows adequate coverage of meal/beverage/tip.
- Lodging: I need an actual bed to myself (not an air mattress, couch, etc.) Preferably in a private room (one with doors that close). I am always OK sharing a room with any of my teaching partners. Other roommate arrangements, I must approve of beforehand.
- Promotional Material: Please feel free to use any promotional material from my website (videos, pictures, bio).
- Teaching Partners: My teaching partners include Tim O’Neill, Grace Jones-Taylor, Clyde Wright and Anthony Carusiello. If you would like the names of additional preferred teaching partners, please inquire.
- Cancellation: After we have confirmed I will be working your event, those dates are then blacked out for me. Any other possible gigs that come my way and conflict will be turned down in the good faith that you will not be canceling our agreement. Therefore, in the event that you must cancel, I will have a cancellation fee to protect myself from any lost opportunities. I will allow one month from the date we confirm I will be working your event before I enforce this policy (NOT the date of your event, the date we reach an agreement that I will be working it). If you cancel 60 plus days prior to festival 50%; 45-15 days 75%, within 14 days 100%. Additionally, if travel is shared with other festivals, you must still pay your agreed upon portion.
Additional notes: With the extensive food allergies (cooking oils, sugar, corn, etc.), staff meals at restaurants or packaged foods may not be an option for me. Please don’t hesitate to ask me any dietary questions ahead of time for planning purposes. Additionally, venues that allow smoking in them will make it more difficult for me to breathe, which also may affect the amount of dancing I can do. If there is time that I am required to be at a venue when I am not teaching/judging etc, but is considered my downtime – I must have either a way to go rest, or compensation for that time. I cannot agree to teach at an event where Steven Mitchell, Max Pitruzella, Chris Harm or William Mauvais are involved.